Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halfway Through Chemo

Ah, halfway there.  To me it seems as though it is taking forever, but I'm getting there.  The tumor seems to be shrinking.  Some days are really rough for me, other days are just okay.  4 treatments are done, I have 4 more to go.  My doctor and I decided to postpone starting my new drug by a week so that I will not be having treatment during the holiday weeks.  So now chemo days will be 11/15, 11/29, 12/13, and 12/27.  As much as I wanted to just get it DONE and over with, I am breathing a sigh of relief...

Plus, it allows me to feel "good" on the day I start my new job!  I'm excited to start this job, though it really seems crappy timing.  I'll be working where I did my internship this past summer.  It seems I impressed the office manager and she jumped through lots of hoops to get me in.  There is so much room for growth at this office (and within the whole hospital system!) and I can see me here for the rest of my working days.  It's only a part time position, but that is great for me right now.  I've got this cancer thing going on, plus babies to take care of.  :)

I really appreciate all the cards and messages people have sent.  It helps to know that I've got so many thinking about me and praying for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment